Thursday, November 18, 2010

After Converstaions

The things that i would like to take from my conversations would probably be some confidence in my idea. After explaining how I planned on taking my project, most of my partners told me that it was interesting. As to how to make my piece more literary-oriented or how to make it less depressing I find myself on my own.

what will your last piece be?
funny,serious, life-changing, important, moving, profound
I fell like once it is done my piece could illicit humor, or possibly a feeling not unlike profound. Pragmatically, I think viewers will find my animation pointlessly frustrating or dark or mildly entertaining.
My idea is of a Maze, with the viewer trapped inside. Choices move the viewer about in a confusing manner and all options should seem equally hopeless. I'm having trouble making options not serious enough or so serious that it gives off a different message then I'd like. I think that after a viewer is done being bamboozled by the game and think about the options and how they are juxtaposed they may contrast it to their own views and be enlightened. Not inventing a new system of government or nirvana enlightened but maybe a "huh" type deal.

1 comment:

  1. Have you made any progress, since you originally wrote this post, in figuring out the more concrete aspects of it? Would you like to email back and forth a little, to think it through a bit more?

    (I am also happy to talk over with you different Flash approaches that might support you in making the project have the effects you seek...)

    ReplyDelete